Girlfriends




“Everyday people do everyday things………
We could be heroes…me and you”

Sad! Tired! Unsure…
As this swanky new track plays in the background,
My mind transcends space, time…flashbacks to that first date at the “in” joint along Moi Avenue.
I was running late, she had been a pen-pal for over a year, those days when the writing of letters was an art, the right calligraphy had to be used, and words had to be just right, the writing pad sleek and a dash of fragrance sprayed into the envelope, sealed with a kiss to finalize the deal!


But heck, I had seen two or three of her photos, and this new Facebook thing allowed me to identify her with ease, confident with 2k in my wallet, I climbed the stairs with a skip in my step. There she was, a stunning beauty! Wait, but she wasn't alone…with her were six, yes 6, high maintenance looking, girlfriends of hers…all out to see her new catch, the “committee” that would either approve or “to the left” me…. 

Comments

Popular Posts