Perception, It's ALL in the Mind


Time after time, I had constant fights with my ol' man. 
You see, for him, IMAGE is everything, he is of the old school, the generation that took personal grooming and one's outLook SERIOUS. 
But poor me got raised through a 'laissez faire' system of parenting, rendering the tube, my immediate environment, early exposure to the WWW and my inherent moral compass as my true norths, my agents of socialization.

First forward to the present, having seen much and met many, I slowly find myself leaning towards that 'Faux pas' generation. Indeed, PR, as a field and profession has grown leaps and bounds. It is the one white collar jobs in which the practitioner remains behind the limelight. In essence, PR gurus are paid to make others look great, to turn lemons into...to spin a story.
So as you marinate over that, here are a few tit bits and instances where the unseen hand of PR may have likely featured:

9/11. U.S.A, worst terror attack. Did you see even a single corpse.
of a dead American?

Recent riots in UoN, yes, there were disturbances on 28th March, 013, surprise surprise, PR!

London riots, not just the day that the whole city seemed to go hayWire, but the post-derby match brawls and fights? Yes, PR

Uganda. What do you know about the 'pearl of Africa' ? Yes, only the positive no? Uhuu, PR.

Have a Personal PR filled day.

~ Odero Alulu~ 

~VLVL~
#TJCF

Comments

Popular Posts