SILENCE

Silence...


Who ever thought that utter calm and quite could be this DEAFENING!


All I see people, no forms, beings that were once human...souls...bodies...they dance, they laugh, an elaborate ceremony is ongoing, complete with a live band and 6 course serving but all these faces seem void, devoid of emotion, bottomless pits filled with darkness, emptiness...and out of the blue one of the formless creatures touches my shoulder, I scream out!


Silence...


The band stops playing, the dances miss a beat & fall over in unison, the stop& stare right at me, not one or five but all of them, form and formless, a legion of them then...they pounce! I push, shove, dash & finally set out in full flight...


Swirl,  twirl my mind spins and swerves as am lifted from my current slumber to a past not so distant... Wasn't it just the other day that.... "... Sam,  are you going to give that toast or what?"  and with that I awake from my brief trip to the gods only to find myself stuck in my godforsaken company uniform,  the customary 3 piece suit with its noose of a tie chocking the lights out me... the board members sheepishly awaiting for me to announce our pre-agreed annual bonus,  after all it had been a bountiful year &  my statement would make all these greasy bastatds bank accounts shout ullulations to high heavens,  but what of the rest?  What of the dream?  What of OUR hopes?  Is this what I'd become?  Had I morphed into the same filth of existence I had despised &  worked soo hard to change? Not tonight not on my watch... time to pull this tie,  tighten it one last time,  ohh the irony,  I can see the headlines tomorrow... Plastered in red he took out a whole syndicate with one tag on his tie.... No one thought to search the organizations' CEO for weapons did they...




Booooom!

Comments

Popular Posts